I am very much sure that every Indian railway passengers know about IRCTC but if anyone didn't know then not to worry, I will let you know. It's an official online portal for Indian railways ticket reservation. You can book your journey ticket from this website. Many among us know about it but hesitate to book ticket through this portal and the reason behind it is that they don't know how to do it. In this article we are going explain everything from registration to ticketing, so guys stick to the article.
If you are an existing user of IRCTC' online reservation system then you can directly go through the link illustrated below or by typing www.irctc.co.in in your browser address bar. If you don't like surfing and have smartphone, you can get IRCTC mobile app for your device. Using this app you can do ticket booking, train search, PNR status enquiry, checking seat availability etc., like official website. This app is available for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone.
Registration procedure is not too tough, it's quite simple. Just follow the instruction carefully and within few minutes you will have registered IRCTC account.
1. Visit IRCTC official website: www.IRCTC.co.in, and hit the signup link present below the login button.
2. Fill all the details correctly, specially mobile number and email id and hit the submit button.
3. As soon as you hit the submit button, a popup will appear which is as follows: If provided cell number and email id is accurate, click on "OK" button to move ahead.
4. To accept the IRCTC term and conditions, simply hit the "Accept" button
5. After successful registration, login to your email account for your IRCTC user id and password.
6. Click on the confirmation link received through mail in order to verify your account.
7. Check your mobile messages to get the mobile verification code. If you have received it, enter it in the box below and hit the "submit" button to activate your IRCTC account.
8. After successful activation of your IRCTC account, if you desired to change your password then you can change it through "Change Password" link.
Before moving on to the booking procedure, you must know that the you can book the general ticket 60 days or 2 months prior to the journey date and tatkal ticket 24 hours before the journey.
1. If you have IRCTC account, login to your account with your Username and Password.
2. Once you have login to your account, you will be redirected to "Plan my travel" page.
3. There you will have to enter your departure and arrival destinations, date of journey, type of ticket, and quota.
4. To find the list of trains, hit the "Find Trains" button.
5. Select the desired train and class of your journey (Sleeper, Ac 1/2/3 tier, Ac Chair). If seat is available in the desired train it will be displayed instantly. To reserve tickets click on the "Book" button.
6. Here you need to enter the names of individual Passengers, age, sex and berth preference to proceed ahead.
7. Hit the "Make Payment" button.
8. As soon as you hit the button a popup window will appear to show the available payment options. Select anyone among the list to make payment.
9. Once payment has made, the reserved ticket will be displayed on your screen along with the "Print Reservation Slip" Button. Click on that button to take the printout.
10. Your Electronic Reservation Slip or booked ticket look like this.
In this article, I have tried to put together each and every aspect of IRCTC login, registration and ticket booking for your convenience. I hope. it will prove beneficial to all of you.