How to Book Train Tickets Online through IRCTC
If you are planning to travel by train and willing to get confirmed tickets, than the most easy and convenient way is to get your tickets booked online through the IRCTC online portal. This website does not only cater the customers to book the normal tickets and tatkal tickets, but also offer much more information about the popular destinations in the most of the cities.
The online website is easy to navigate and saves time of manually going to the railway station, standing in the queue and booking tickets of the desired destination. To book tickets online, all you to need to do is download the mobile app or book from the IRCTC website. To book confirmed tickets online you just have register on the IRCTC website with all your details that can be used whenever you book tickets online. Before moving on to the ticketing booking procedure, you should know that general ticket booking can be done 60 days prior to the journey date and tatkal ticket can be booked 24 hours prior to the journey date.
Procedure for Booking Train Tickets Online through the IRCTC Official Website:
- If you are among the registered member of IRCTC; simply login to your account. If you don't have an IRCTC account then get registered by providing all the necessary details.
- Once you are successfully logged in, the page will be redirected to a new window "plan my travel".
- In the new window you will have to select the date of journey, source and destination station of your journey, and the type of ticket and quota from the drop down menu.
- The next step is to hit on the "find trains" option that will show you a list of trains with their complete time schedule and classes.
- Select the train in which tickets available on the desired date and the class you want to travel by. To get tickets you need to click on "Book" button.
- Here you need to enter your personal details such as name, gender, seat preference and then you make payment for the reservation through various means such as net banking, debit card, and credit card.
- A confirmation message of your E-ticket will be sent to you on your registered mobile number and email address.
- You can print the message or show it directly with the relevant ID proof that has been used to book the tickets.
Enjoy the convenience and services of the IRCTC online portal and travel around the country with comfort.